I just got my hands on 2 huuuge crates of kiwi’s from my local fruit-dealer.
A great budget deal,since it’s a bulk buy and also kiwis were soft-ish and not picture perfect.
Here is what I did to them,after 2 hours of slavery in the kitchen.
Here are the naked,peeled sweeties,ready to be popped in my freezer.Divided in individual plastic bags,they will last roughly till october.They are a nice addition to my daily green creation.Since I don’t put water in my green smoothie,I need some high watery fruit to add instead,so my blender doesn’t explode and blends without stuttering.Here is why you should include this ”sunny peach”(the original name for kiwis),in your raw food life:
- Disease Prevention
- Fiber: Kiwi provides 16% of the RDA for fiber and has a role in the prevention of constipation and some cancers.
- Phytonutrients: Kiwis have phytonutrients, which repair DNA, act as the body’s protection against some cancers, and function as antioxidants.
- Folic Acid: Kiwi provides 10% of the RDA for folic acid, which is important for expectant mothers and works to produce red blood cells.
- Vitamin C: One serving of kiwi gives the body 230% of the RDA for Vitamin C, which helps heal wounds, increase iron absorption, and boost the immune system.
- Vitamin E: Kiwi provides 10% RDA for Vitamin E and decreases the risk of heart disease.
- Calcium: Kiwi provides 5.5% of the RDA for Calcium.
- Chromium: Kiwi aids in regulating heartbeats.
- Copper: Kiwi provides 8% of the RDA for Copper.
- Iron: Kiwi provides 4% of the RDA for Iron.
- Magnesium: Kiwi provides 6% of the RDA for Magnesium, which can enhance your energy level.
- Potassium: Kiwi aids in fluid maintenance.
- Zinc: Kiwi helps keep hair, skin, teeth, and nails healthy.